Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Friday 28 August 2015

Two Santas finished

Hello, dear blogging friends,

I am Brigitte and after joining Kaye's Prairie Schooler and Americana SAL blogs I thought why not join this one as well. I do not often stitch Christmas items but I have many JCS Ornament issues and have stitched nearly nothing from them. This has to change, lol.

But for this month's theme I chose Santas from other booklets. Here they are:


The little pillow shows a Santa from an Alma Lynne booklet, Folksy St. Nick. Can you believe that I had to pull out 24 different DMC and Anchor colours for him? The card shows a little Santa from an old Anchor leaflet and wasn't very difficult to stitch. Just perfect for a Christmas card.

Now on to looking for a pattern for the September theme.

12 comments:

Justine said...

Gorgeous Santas Brigitte! The shading is very detailed in the one on the left.
You are going to be very busy with those SALs!

Marcy said...

Nice! I love your Santas. The pillow finish is adorable.

Annie said...

Great looking Santas! You're making me feel lazy for just doing one Santa, lol!

sew.darn.quilt said...

These are so cute! I love the little pillow Santa design. Wonderful finishes ")

Amy at love made my home said...

I particularly like the one on the left! xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Alma Lynn was definitely worth all the different shades and colours.
Two lovely finishes this month. Good start!

Bea said...

Those are terrific Santas and lovely finishes. You're off to a great start.

Kaisievic said...

These are gorgeous Santas, Brigitte, especially the Alma Lynne, definitely worth all of the shading.

Anonymous said...

Lovely ,well done .xx

Carm said...

Isn't it great to use things we've saved over the yrs! Awesome Santas!

kate n said...

I love the folksy santa, something about the colours is very calming, I look forward to seeing next months and good luck with your other SALs

Stitching Noni said...

I love your Santa's. My favourite is the Alma Lynne one - I love your finish on that one - just gorgeous :o)
Hugs xx