Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Saturday 2 January 2021

Kaye's January Ornaments 2021_Part One_UPDATED!

 Hello lovely Elves, 

As always, I am going great guns over January with my stitching - this is because we are not going away on holidays because of:

 1. building the second new house (only a few months from completion now) and

2. There is nowhere safe to go - COVID!!!!!!

So, the upside is that I can stay home and stitch!

For January, I am attempting ALL FOUR OF THE THEMES! I know, crazy, hey?  But what the heck, I have the time at the moment and I am not promising that all of this productive stitching will keep going all year but for now... all good!

So, Theme One: The 12 Days of Christmas - my progress on this will be shown in Part Two of my January Ornaments, most likely at the end of the month.


Theme Two: Christmas Movies_For January the theme was the movie "Elf"


And, on Pinterest, I found this very cute little Elf and finished him with a cute Christmas tree button and a tartan bow.



Theme Three: Just CrossStitch Christmas Ornament Magazines_For January, you had to choose from the 2009 magazine.

I chose this rather sweet design by Nikki Leeman from Country Cottage Needleworks (CCN) called "Visions of Sugar Plums".  The first pic is the image from the magazine but you can see that I changed it a little as I placed the phrase "Sugar Plums" above the "lacework".  The reason for this is quite simple - I am an idiot!  I made a fundamental mistake from stitch one by not centreing my stitching correctly - Aaagghh!  However, I think that I have overcome the error and with the help of one of my favourite ribbons (pink with red dots) and a gorgeous backing fabric, I have produced a pretty ornament.  Oh, and I also changed the pink in the rug and the wording for a deeper pink.





Theme Four: A selection of Christmas Ideas_For January the prompt was "Barns".

I think that I found this very simple design on Pinterest but for the life of me I cannot find the link - my apologies. I made a simple change of adding a gold bead on the wreath and at the top of the tree and then finished it with four buttons.  UPDATE: (thank you to our lovely Elf, Suzanne Harkison for the reminder). 

"Your barn is from Pinker n Punkin Quilting.

She is always offering freebies and has a whole farm series"




Lastly, for those of you looking for a new 12 Days of Christmas series to stitch, you may be happy with this news....

Gazette 94 is back with some gorgeous new designs, including The 12 Days of Christmas, of course!



Click on the this link to go to her webpage and then scroll down.

Well, that is is it for my January Part One post, I hope to see some fun Christmas stitching soon, 

hugs, 

6 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful stitching! I love your little elf, the tree and the ribbon are perfect additions! Great job overcoming the counting error on Sugar Plums. I would have been none the wiser :) And that sweet little barn! I think I need a barn for my tree next year. Off to pinterest I go!

Elfie said...

You are off to an excellent start! All your ornaments are gorgeous. I think I prefer your version of Sugar Plums - I like the wording above the cross stitched border.

Suzanne H said...

Your barn is from Pinker n Punkin Quilting. https://pinkernpunkinquilting.blogspot.com/

She is always offering freebies and has a whole farm series which I stitched over the holidays. They are super cute and easy to stitch.

Quite the achievement stitching all four themes and fully finished. Terrific!!!

Kaisievic said...

Thanks, Suzanne, I have now updated the blog post.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work and a great start to the year! I'm just doing the Twelve Days theme this year. As long as I remember to post pictures here!

diamondc said...

Kaye: I love all your ornaments and the perfect finishing, I have to say Sugar Plums is my favorite, they look so cute.
It is great Gazette is doing new designs.
Thank-you for updating I will pop over to see the new designs.

Catherine