Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Friday 29 January 2021

Lynne's January Ornament (Elfin Stitches)

 


I'll be stitching another 12 Day set this year.  I'll be trying hard to stitch one ornament each month, but I will probably cave half way through the year and stitch all the remaining ornaments.  I have good intentions, but patience is not one of my virtues - and neither is moderation.  After much deliberation I chose the Kooler 12 Day set for this year.  I like the bright colours, and they are very different to the two 12 Day sets I have already stitched.  I am planning to display all 3 sets on an internal door this Christmas.

I stitched the ornament over 2 on 28 count antique white linen, with 2 strands of the called for DMC floss. If you are familiar with the Kooler 12 days you will notice that I made a few little changes.  The two pears seemed out of scale to me, so I reduced their size by stitching them in petit point. Although I am normally a back-stitch fan, I preferred a softer look for the tree so I omitted the back-stitching on the leaves.  I also smoothed out the edges of the heart, just because that's the way I like it. 





5 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Lynne, thanks for taking part in the Christmas Ornie SAL this month - I love your 12 Days and if you want to stitch faster, that is okay, we will look forward to seeing your other days.

DJ said...

I love it!! I'll have to see if I can find the patterns, you twisted my arm...LOL!!

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful! Love the changes you made :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work, those pears would have been huge stitched over two!

Suzanne H said...

So pretty and delicate. I'm not a patient stitcher either. If I like the series, I want to keep going. I can't wait to see your stitching each month.