Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Monday 18 January 2021

Happy New Year and DJ's January update...

Hi everybody!  Here's to a New Year and new goals!  Welcome to our new members!  I look forward to seeing what you'll be stitching with us!

I considered trying to stitch all 4 themes, but then thought...I have too many other things I really want to stitch, so decided to stick with just two.  Of course I'm going to do a 12 Days of Christmas!  I'm sort of addicted to them now...so this year I've decided to stitch the 12 Dragonlettes of Christmas by Dragon Dreams.  Here is the first one...Dragonlette in a Pear Tree.  Stitched on 28 count over two.



For the other theme  I chose theme three of the determined JCS issues, and this month they chose 2009 so I stitched Snow Merry by Homespun Elegance.  I just thought this little snowman and his buddies were just too cute!  He's stitched on 40 count summer khaki over two. 



Fingers crossed I hope to fully finish them by the end of the month...if I accomplish that, I'll be back to update!  I hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy!  Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Elfie said...

Two very cute ornaments indeed. I'm not familiar with the dragon 12 days, so I'll be watching with interest.

butterfly said...

Very cute , love the snowman with the rabbit
Have fun.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Two cuties, I love the snowman design

diamondc said...

DJ: Your ornaments are adorable, I think stitching Christmas all year is a great idea, that way you can have many done by next Christmas.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic start to the year! I love the little dragonlets.

Kaisievic said...

Thanks for taking part in the Christmas Ornie SAl this month. Both the dragonlet and the snowman are vey cute!

Khristine Doiron said...

Well done! They both look great!

Suzanne H said...

I loved stitching those little Dragonlets. Watch out for the five golden rings one - I finished it upside down and had to stitch it again! I'm sure stitching the numbers will solve that problem. :) I've also stitched Snow Merry. Who could resist that bunny and cardinals. That's one I might stitch again because it's so cute! Can't wait to see your stitching throughout the year.