Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Friday 29 January 2021

Serendipitous Jo's January Ornament

Once again I am following the 12 Days of Christmas theme.  This year I am stitching the Stoney Creek 2019 Ornament series as my monthly project.  I have also started the large Bothy Threads' design but won't be completing one block of those per month!

As per previous years, I started the 12 Days on Boxing Day and stitched one day for the next 12 days.  Then I returned to Day 1 and finished it.

Here are the 12 starts:


Here is Day 1 completed.  The fabric is a nice Lime Green which doesn't show up well on my laptop but looks great on my iPad!

stitched on 32 count Lime Green evenweave


This is how far I got with my Bothy Threads design this month.  I am hoping to get a few of these blocks stitched this year.  It would be nice to get six but they are all full coverage so we shall see.  I am using the kit threads which are apparently Madeira but substituted the 14 count white aida for 32 count blue-grey linen because the coverage will be so much better.

stitched on 32 count blue-grey linen










6 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Hi Jo, thanks for taking part in the Christmas Ornie SAL this month. I love your lime green fabric - so pretty. I'm doing the Gazette 94 12 Days of Christmas plus I started the Bothy one and thought - what the heck, I'll use the Aida but I hate it! I'm going to have to start again on new fabric, I think. 🙃. Yours is looking really great on the 32 count grey linen.

DJ said...

I love the fabric you stitched them on...hm...making me rethink how I stitched mine! LOL I'm curious to see how you'll finish them! The Bothy pattern looks pretty too!

butterfly said...

I like the change of fabric and the Bothy design .

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great choice of fabric, the Bothy design is lovely

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful! I would have never thought of using lime green but I love it! And your Bothy project is gorgeous!

Suzanne H said...

I love how you started each one and then went back to finish. I've never worked that way before. I wish I could see your fabric in person, I'm sure it's so beautiful. Wonderful work.