Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Friday 3 April 2020

My March ornament (a little late)


I did finish this ornament before the end of March, but these days I am slow to follow through.  I think it comes from having lots of time at home and few commitments.  Nothing seems to get done!
These French hens are from a DMC leaflet called 'La Ferme'.

I've also stitched, but not yet finished up, my April ornament.  I chose to stitch kookaburras as my 'calling birds', because of all the bird calls I have heard, the kookaburra is my favourite. Often I wake to the call of the kookaburras, and any time of the day (particularly if rain is near) I can often hear it. I used a Di Noyce chart (from Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch Australia mag) as the inspiration for my kookas, but did make a lot of changes.


6 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

Very nice! And your finishing is beautiful!

Suzanne H said...

These are just lovely. Your finishing is beautiful.

Tiffany said...

Both are lovely

Nikki said...

Both ornaments are really lovely.......and I love your finishing. I should get busy and finish the 3 I've done, or they might NEVER get done. Stay safe.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice ornaments, the kookaburras are definitely unique and a wonderful idea.

DJ said...

Lovely ornaments! I love how you are personalizing them to fit your life!! I've never heard a kookaburra...I'll have to see if I can find a soundbite somewhere. Lovely stitching!!