Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 30 January 2020

Welcome to our new member....



NIKKI

This is what Nikki tells us about herself:

I live in Maine ( born in California). Married 50 years, retired from State of Maine 2 years ago after working there 18 years. I have 4 grown children and 3 grandchildren.

I have been cross stitching for over 40 years. I picked it up when looking for a gift to make for a relative and bought a kit. I was hooked. I don't do kits now, and prefer Lugana 28 or 32ct and choose my own threads.

Some of my favorite designers over the years are Chatelaine, Paula Vaughan, Lanarte, Blackbird Designs, Rosewood Manor, Moira Blackburn, The Drawn Tread, Victoria Sampler,  LHN to name a few.

The name of my blog is Nikki's Crossed Stitches that I started probably about 8 years ago, there are some long gaps where I wasn't posting; but have started again.    XX


I am in Instagram, but I don't post there; just read and follow a few people.

I belong to quite a few Facebook Cross Stitching Groups, Victoria Sampler CHAT Group, Cross Stitching  Exchange, Chtelaine Support Group, Prim Stitcher's Society, For The Love of Samplers, Stitcher's of Moira Blackburn Designs, Our Sampler Years, and others.

I am currently working on Scotland Mandala, by Chatelaine. After I retired in Sept 2017, a friend and I took a trip to Scotland for 3 weeks and drove all over the country. I have always wanted to go, and through Genealogy found I had some Irish/Scottish ancestors. I also had become a HUGE fan of Diana Gabaldon series of Outlander books about Scotland.............so I gifted myself the Chart and all the beads and silk threads, and am still working on it. I think I am about half done with it.

I found out about your Christmas SAL after you made a comment on my Blog, and I followed your profile and was looking at your Blogs.

I need some small things to stitch in between working on the Scotland Mandala, and my crocheting, so I thought joining your SAL would be fun, and at the end of the year I would have some ornaments to keep or give as gifts!!!

I do a LOT of crocheting too.....next to cross stitch, it is my 2nd favorite thing to do. I make hats for the Homeless, and have started making blankets for The Linus Project that donates them to children with Traumatic or Serious illnesses.  I also kn it, but prefer to crochet. I love to read, and as I mentioned Diana Gabaldon and her Outlander series of books is my favorite. There is a TV series on Starz going into Season 5 next month based on her books, and she is due to release Book #9in the series, after a 5 year wait. I am so excited to read it.

I have attached some XS finishes I had done over the years.












Wow! I think that we would all have to agree that Nikki has some gorgeous finishes here.  Welcome to our humble SAL and we all hope that you enjoy yourself.

hugs, 


P.S. Love those Santas, Nikki.



6 comments:

Nikki said...

Thank you for adding me Kaye. I am trying to choose a design, so I can begin on the February SAL.

Nikki

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Welcome to the blog! Great stitching, especially the gorgeous Chatelaine.

Kaisievic said...

Nikki, don't forget to check out the Freebie pages at the top of the blog - they may help you find the perfect design.

Khristine Doiron said...

Welcome Nikki! I am an Outlander fan too! I was lucky enough to meet Diana a couple years back and had a book signed. Your stitching a absolutely beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more of your stitching!

Elfie said...

Nikki, your stitching is beautiful. I particularly love your Christmas stitching (my favourite vice). I've stitched the same Santa ornaments. Looking forward to seeing your ornaments this year.

Suzanne H said...

Welcome to the group. I'm so looking forward to see your posts this year!