Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 23 January 2020

Lynne's January Ornament

Hello again. It's been quite a while since I posted here. Thank you, Kaye, for accepting me back to the fold. I am a serial Christmas ornament stitcher, but I rarely make them for myself. I will enjoy this self- indulgence.

I've decided to go with the '12 Days' theme this year.  Many years ago I stitched Di Noyce's Aussie 12 Days, but I have never stitched a traditional version. I'm hoping that next time I set up the house for Christmas I will have both Aussie and traditional 12 Days of Christmas ornaments to display.

 I had such angst trying to choose a set to stitch that I decided not to commit to any particular 12 Day set, but to pick and choose designs as I please, and then finish them all in the same way.

Here is my January ornament:

The designer is Linda Calverley, and the chart was in the UK magazine The Cross Stitcher, December 1995.  I added the border and text.

5 comments:

Suzanne H said...

What a beautiful stitch! I can't wait to see your stitching through the year. I give most of what I make away as well. It's nice to keep a little something for yourself. See you next month.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great finish. I saw the name Lynne in the title and thought "ooo, Elfie stitched that one too, what a coincidence!"

Kaisievic said...

Welcome back, Lynne and what a great start to your 12 Days collection!

Mary's Thread said...

What a cute partridge! Love how you made it your own with the verse! Well done!

Khristine Doiron said...

So sweet! I love your idea of choosing from different patterns and finishing them all the same. Can't wait to see the whole group at the end of the year :)