Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 10 July 2022

Suzanne's July Ornaments

 Hello everyone!

I'm continuing with the Nutcracker theme and stitched two rosebud/flower patterns.


The first is from a  Cross Stitch & Country Crafts Magazine, Jan/Feb 1989 issue. Designed by Carol Costello of Fancy Work & Fantasies. The design is much larger but I only stitched the center bouquet with the called for DMC colors on 28 count blue Aida. I thought it made a sweet little ornament. 


I stitched two of these for my friends. This is a design by The Victoria Sampler and can be found in the JCS 2006 Ornament issue. It called for silk threads but I substituted DMC. Stitched on 28 count blue Aida. 

The crochet lace edging was from my Mom's stash and I thought it was perfect for these vintage looking designs. 

Can't wait to see everyone's July stitching. 




5 comments:

butterfly said...

Love your stitching , great ideas .

Khristine Doiron said...

They are beautiful! The lace edging is such a nice touch :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What pretty designs and perfect for this theme. The crochet trim is lovely too.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Gorgeous stitching and finishing

Gwen said...

Great job stitching and finishing. Love that lace edging.