Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Tuesday 4 August 2020

August stitching by DJ

Hello fellow stitchers!

I've been a whirling dervish so far this month!  I have so many things I wanted to get to that I decided to get all my August stitching done and out of the way!  So...what have I been up to?  Well....

For theme one I've been working on the 12 Days of Christmas from the 2019 issues of Stoney Creek Magazine.  These were distributed over 4 of their magazines starting in Winter 2019 I think.  This month I stitched 8 maids a milking.  I don't know why but I particularly love this one!  Stitched on 28 count over two.


For theme three I worked on an ornament from the 2013 JCS Ornament issue.  This is called A Christmas Stocking from Plum Street Samplers.  It's stitched on 40 count vintage pear over two using DMC floss.


I guess that's all the news.  I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, and those in the path of Isaias, I hope you are out of danger.  It passed by here this morning, and while friends of mine have lost power, and trees are down around the area, for the most part we are safe.  Take care everyone!

5 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful ornaments! Glad to hear you are safe!

butterfly said...


love the stocking and the maid .
enjoy your week.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great ornaments. I am enjoying your 12 Days series and that little stocking is so sweet. I feel the need to stitch a row of mini stockings!

Suzanne H said...

I'm so glad to hear you were safe during the storm. There was lots of damage and even a few tornadoes here in Pennsylvania from Isaias. Your stitching is lovely and the little maid is adorable.

Gwen said...

Glad to know you are safe.
Lovely ornaments.