Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Tuesday 10 January 2023

Suzanne's January Ornament

 


I decided to go with Theme 2 Christmas Songs this year. January is Little Drummer Boy and I found this Blackberry Lane Designs "Peace on Earth" in the JCS 2016 Christmas issue. I thought the little drum was a good fit for the theme. It came out a little large on 14 count but that's all I had in my stash in Navy. My friend loves a large ornament, so she won't mind. I used most of the called for DMC threads with some substitutions for the specialty threads.

This was a quick stitch. The jute cord has some gold woven through it but it doesn't show in the photo. 

I hope everyone is healthy to start the new year and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's stitching.


5 comments:

Gwen said...

That was a quick start and finish. It's lovely, looking forward to seeing more of your stitching.

butterfly said...

Love your Christmas stitching , hugs June.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The perfect choice for this month’s theme.

Kaisievic said...

Hi Suzanne, a great choice for this month's themes - I love it! I have ordered a JBW cross stitch design for this theme from 123Stitch but as it has to come from US to Oz, I am not expecting it to arrive before month's end!

Khristine Doiron said...

Its beautiful!