Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Monday 10 January 2022

Suzanne's January 2022 Ornaments

 Hello Everyone! I hope your new year is off to a fine start. I was under the weather during the Holiday break so I got lots of stitching done, but nothing else. Just a regular cold, thank goodness. 

I am working on the Nutcracker theme and hope to pop in some other themes throughout the year. 

I found this Nutcracker Round Sampler on Etsy. Tashas Patterns

It was very inexpensive and I thought it was cute to work on a little each month. There were two nutcrackers in the pattern. I'm stitching this on 18 count white Aida with the called for DMC threads.

I also found the following nutcrackers in an old Cross Stitch & Country Crafts magazine (Nov/Dec 1989).



There is a Santa Nutcracker in the pattern also, but I didn't work on him yet. All of these are stitched on 28 count white Aida over 2 with the called for DMC threads. I finished them all the same with a rick-rack edging. 

I have one more nutcracker which is a freebie from Rhona Norrie TangledThreadsandThings.com. It was a freebie from her newsletter. She has a series of A Year in Christmas Stitching. I left off the words and border. Stitched on 14 count white Aida with called for DMC threads.
I finished this in the same style as the others. I thought I would give them to my neighbor's grandsons for next Christmas. I think I'll save Drosselmeyer for me. 😉

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's stitching this year. Take care!






7 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a lovely set of Nutcrackers, super finishes.

butterfly said...

Love those Nutcrackers . what fun stitches .

Khristine Doiron said...

You've been stitching a finishing up a storm! Well done! They look fabulous!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic selection of nutcrackers for this month. Lovely finishing too.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! These are great nutcrackers (and I think that I have those ones from the magazine somewhere in my UFO pile - must hunt them up!) and thanks for being such a great contributor to this blog and for finding some more nutcracker designs. ❤️😊❤️

Mary said...

They are all so beautiful and colorful. Congratulations!

Gwen said...

Hope you are feeling better. You have put your time to good use. Your nutcrackers are lovely.