Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Saturday 12 June 2021

Suzanne's June Ornaments

 Hi everyone! 

I have more than one to share this month. I feel quite accomplished since I was in a stitching slump 😁

I've been working on Julia Lucas Designs in the Just Cross Stitch Magazines I have in my stash. First up, fits Theme Four: Houses. 

This is from the JCS Christmas Ornament Issue 2001. These are all stitched on 18 count Aida with DMC threads. I substituted DMC for the specialty threads and used a Kreinik blending filament for the stars. Finished in a banner style flat ornament with green jute twine. 

Theme Three this month was Free Choice and I have three finishes to show. 
Another Julia Lucas Designs - Peace on Earth from JCS Christmas Ornament Issue 2004. 

These are both Amy Bruecken Designs, Fa La La is from the JCS Preview Issue July/August 2013 and La La La is from the Christmas Ornament Issue from the same year. My La La La got a little bent in my finish box, I hope he pops up. I finished these with tiny green rick rack and little pom-poms I've had in my stash forever. Their noses are cute little orange beads. The pattern calls for specialty carrot nose buttons, but I thought these were a good substitution. Stitched on 14 count Sky Aida with DMC threads and substitutions for the specialty threads. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer stitching. Take care!





3 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

I love them all! The little pompoms that match the colors in Falala and Lalala are a perfect addition to the finishing. And the Julia Lucas ornaments are gorgeous!

diamondc said...

Suzanne: They are both lovely and very nice finishing.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those Julia Lucas designs are lovely. The finish really suits them.
I always forget about the preview issues, I should dig them out too!