Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 11 February 2021

Suzanne's February Ornament

 Hello Everyone! I hope everyone is staying healthy. I live in the North Eastern part of the US and we been having rounds of snow each week. Which is how it was when I was a kid but not so much lately. Since I'm working from home now, it doesn't bother me too much and it's pretty to look at. 

This month I went with Theme Three and chose a design from Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Issue 2007. It is Julia Lucas Designs - Deck the Halls. 


I went through the magazines and CD I have and will be stitching a few more of her designs this year and squeezing them into the themes. This is stitched on 18 count oatmeal aida. I didn't have the seed beads, charm or some of the special threads but I made do with DMC and french knots. I made up my own wreath design where the charm would be. I was pleased, as I'm getting braver in just deciding to do my own thing and not be so rigid. I finished it as a flat ornament similar to the banner design as shown in the magazine. Can't wait to see everyone's stitching this month.

7 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a lovely Ornament very nicely finished.
It would make a nice door for my online Advent Calendar, I've been using the same one since we started!

Khristine Doiron said...

So beautiful! And well done designing your own wreath! It looks perfect :)

butterfly said...

Love your ornament and great finish .
Enjoy your week.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great ornament and well done on stitching the wreath, it looks lovely

Kaisievic said...

Thank you for taking part in the Christmas Ornie SAL this month, Suzanne - oh, I love this design and your finish is stunning! I am going to go look for it right now!

Di said...

Hello Suzanne, this surprised me - what a lovely blog! It's made me want to get my cross stitch out again!

I just hopped over from the Playground to put your mind at rest - Mrs A is doing fine. I keep telling her to not overdo things just yet - but she truly is well over the worst. So sweet of you to be concerned.

Love

Di xx

Elfie said...

I love your ornament. Your little wreath is just perfect on the door.