Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Friday 13 November 2020

Suzanne's November Ornament

Hi everyone! I have one ornament for this month following Just Cross Stitch Magazine theme. I stitched the Nutcracker Ornament by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery from the June 2017 issue. I stitched this on 18 count white aida with the DMC threads except I don't have any Kreinik so I substituted a yellow/gold floss. He's finished as a flat ornament and I plan to give it to my neighbor who is having her first baby in December. 

Since I took this picture, my cat has chewed the gold ribbon off the top! I think I'll be able to cut it off and try to figure something out. At least he didn't chew the ornament. 
Can't wait to see everyone's finishes this month. Take care!


6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's a lovely ornament, just not cat-proof! Hope you can sort the cord out.

butterfly said...

Great ornament , cats love to play and are naughty sometimes ,my daughter has two and they pull all her Christmas decors apart .

Khristine Doiron said...

Oh that naughty kitty! Such a sweet ornament! Your neighbor will love it!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful ornament. I love the cross stitched look. I also wanted to tell you that to stick a sentiment down I use a dotted glue tape from Crafter's Companion. Carefully use it on the die cut and I find it sticks quite well to my cards.

Elfie said...

That nutcracker ornament is so very cute. I can understand the cat wanting to play with such a bright and pretty thing. I hope you sorted out the hanger without too much of a problem.

Lily Allen said...

Beautiful ornament. great job
clipping path