Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 10 May 2020

May Maynia Ornaments


Hi Everybody!  I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day today!  I was able to get some stitching done which included one of the challenge pieces for this SAL.  I've been working on two of the themes.

For the first theme I've been working on the 12 Days of Christmas that were published in the Stoney Creek Magazines last year.  I think this one came from the Spring issue.  This is 5 Golden Rings stitched on 28 count white.  I just love this particular series!  Sorry for the dark picture...I'm not sure how that happened...LOL


I'm also working on Theme Three... the ornament for this month was supposed to come from the 2011 issue of JCS Ornament issue.  This is called Winter Squirrel and is by Victoria Sampler.  It's stitched on 28 count Natural over two.  I substituted beads for the buttons they used...I wish I had the buttons, but I think the beads work well too.  I have an antique tart pan that I hope to finish into an ornament with this when I get the chance.  I really enjoyed working on this one!


And that's all that's fit to print.  I hope you all are staying safe and keeping well.  Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Elfie said...

Two lovely ornaments.

Suzanne H said...

Both of your ornaments are just lovely. I've stitched the squirrel as well. I can't wait to see your finish in the tart pan.

Annie said...

Such cute little finishes!

Khristine Doiron said...

They are lovely! I stitched the little squirrel ornament too a few years ago. Such a cute ornament :)

Kaisievic said...

DJ, these are both great choices for the SAL.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work. I am enjoying the Stoney Creek 12 Days designs very much and the squirrel is adorable.

Gwen said...

Very nice.