Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Tuesday 11 February 2020

Suzanne's February Ornaments

Hello Everyone!

Since February was a free month, I stitched two ornaments from the Just Cross Stitch Magazine Theme. One from the JCS 2016 Ornament Preview issue  (August) and the other from the JCS 2016 Christmas Ornament issue. First up is Blue Ribbon Designs - Flurries in the Firs.

I stitched this on 18 count oatmeal aida with the DMC thread conversion. I stitched the door in yellow to add a little color. It's finished as a flat ornament with felt backing, jute twine and checked ribbon. 

My second ornament is another Blue Ribbon Design - Blizzard Buddies. 
This is stitched on the same 18 count oatmeal aida with the DMC thread conversion. Finished just like the first ornament. I wish I had thought in advance to buy a bunch of this ribbon because I plan to work on more BRD designs this year. It would have been nice to be able to finish them all similarly. 

I'll be hopping around to everyone's postings soon. Such lovely work that's entered here. Great inspiration!

6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These are both lovely. One of my future plans is to stitch all the Blue Ribbon Christmas ornaments, I think I've done two so far!

Kaisievic said...

Thank you for taking part in the Christmas Ornie SAL this month, Suzanne - two gorgeous ornaments. I love the yellow door.

Nikki said...

I love your ornaments, and your finishing is beautiful. I never seem to be able to make my finishings look so great. Thanks for sharing.

Nikki

Mary's Thread said...

Beautiful ornies as usual!

Khristine Doiron said...

They are so pretty! And your finishing is wonderful! Hope you are able to find more of that ribbon :)

Elfie said...

Your Blue Ribbon ornaments are delightful.