Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 9 February 2020

DJ's February update

I love this challenge so much!!  It's fun to sit and figure out what I will stitch at the beginning of each month.  Well....I'm stitching on two themes this year so the first one is easy.  I'm stitching the 12 days of Christmas from the series in the 2019 Stoney Creek magazines.  The first three are from the 2019 Winter issue.  This month I stitched Two Turtle Doves.  These are stitched on 28 count white evenweave over two.  As soon as I get a chance I hope to finish them into ornaments!


The second theme I'm working on is choosing ornaments from the JCS Ornament issue from the years 2011-2019.  This month was a free choice, so I stitched Blue Snowman by The Little Stitcher from the 2016 issue.  This is stitched on 40 natural linen over two.  I enjoyed stitching this one!!   One of these days, I may surprise you and finish them into ornaments before I post...wouldn't that be a shocker!  haha


And that, as they say, is that!  Happy Stitching everyone!!

7 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on completing both your choices so early in the month!
Love both of these.

Nikki said...

Those are so cute....especially the snowman. I am doing a different 12 Days of Christmas, but like yours VERY much too !!

Nikki

Elfie said...

Gorgeous ornaments!

Khristine Doiron said...

I just love that snowman with his bluebirds! And your turtle doves are very pretty! Beautiful stitching!

Kaisievic said...

Thank you for taking part in the Christmas Ornie SAL this month, D.J. Two great choices that you stitched this month.

Suzanne H said...

Both wonderful choices. I may have to stitch up that little snowman. It's adorable.

Mary's Thread said...

Both ornaments are darling! They will be so cute on the tree!