Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Wednesday 8 May 2019

DJ's May Ornaments

Having a stitch retreat at the beginning of the month sure gave me a head start on the ornaments for this month.  I am having such a good time choosing these, and stitching oldies I've wanted to stitch for years!

So...for the 12 Days of Christmas I have stitched 5 Golden Rings.  This is from a series from Cross Stitch and Country Crafts magazine from May 1989.  



For Christmas Carols, Joy to the World, I stitched this little stocking from the 2001 JCS Ornament issue designed by Threads Through Time.



For the 2001 JCS ornament I stitched Home for Christmas by Julia Lucas Designs.  When life slows down this will be finished into a little banner.  



And that is all for this month.  Thank you for organizing this challenge, it's been so much fun choosing ornaments for the different themes and finally getting some of the ones I've wanted to stitch for years done.  Happy Stitching!!

5 comments:

Suzanne H said...

I've always wanted to stitch the Julia Lucas designs in the Ornament issues. They are so lovely. I hope to see you finish it as a banner. Great stitches for the month.

Lili said...

Your May pieces are so pretty!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work. I like both the designs you chose from JCS, especially the little stocking.

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful ornaments!

Mary's Thread said...

Everything is so pretty! I love the little banner!