Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 7 May 2017

Serendipitous Jo's May's FIVE GOOOOOOOLLLLLLLD RINGS

Own up, who else sang this line like that?

I am stitching Joan Elliott's 12 Days of Christmas for the blog this year and have reached everyone's favourite day, sung with gusto by school children everywhere.

The gaps will be filled with beads at the end

Here is where the design was last month:


and here's where I am now:


As well as Day 5 I have completed the top border, just for a break from the metallic!  Now I am working down the left hand side with the metallic thread again.  I'll stitch the vines in that side then do more metallic on the right and so on.

I also added yellow and green the Herald Angel on the left.  The plan is to do a little bit of her each month too.


7 comments:

Kaisievic said...

That is definitely how I sang it! lol! Your gold rings look lovely, Jo.

Khristine Doiron said...

I sang too haha. It looks great! You did a lot of stitching on it last month!

Rita said...

Ok, I'll admit I was singing along too. lol! Last year went Christmas caroling to several nursing homes with a bunch of Dow Chem employees. The favorite by far at every place was our rendition of "12 Days of Christmas". We each took a day, enlisted some residents for each group, and had a blast. Of course, the "5 Golden Rings" group really hammed it up.

Stitching Noni said...

I can't help but sing that line every time this month that I have worked on my Day 5! Your gold rings look brilliant! :o)

Melinda Forbes said...

I really love Joan Elliot's designs. This is so pretty.

Bea said...

I confess, I was singing too! Your rings look lovely and I really like the overall progress.

Faith... said...

This design is fabulous and I think it looks better with each block!