Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 9 March 2023

Kaye: February 2023 post

  Hello Lovely Christmas Elves, 

Well, I am happy to report that I had great success with all four themes this month - Woo Hoo! 🎉

So, without anymore ado, here we go....


THEME ONE: 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS: TWO TURTLE DOVES

This is my ongoing piece designed by Keen Stitch: (sorry about the lack of ironing)



THEME TWO: CHRISTMAS CAROLS/SONGS: SLEIGH RIDE

This design is by Lila's Studio and is from one of her Spirit of Christmas Ornament series. I bought it online from her Etsy shop.




THEME THREE: JUST CROSS STITCH CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT MAGAZINES: 2020

This is Frosty Christmas Tree by Luhu's Stitches, you can find it on page 78 of the JCS 2020 Christmas Ornie Mag. I personalised it by adding more pink colour variation and beading. I am quite pleased with how I FFOed it (not really my forte, but I try!).


I am rather in love with this backing fabric, too.


THEME FOUR: A CHRISTMAS CAROL: CHRISTMAS CAROLERS

Now, this is a finish that I am really proud of as I amalgamated a couple of designs and changed other things around (the singer, the wording, the beading on the lamp post and I played with colour with the blue dress). 





So, I amalgamated these two designs:



They are both from the 2015 JCS Christmas Ornie Mag, #1 is Dear Santa by The Little Stitcher and #7 is Christmas Carols by Mani di Donna.

I stitched the lamp post and little dog from #7, adding a sprinkling of snow and a vine made of beads and added more musical notes all in black.  From #1 I used the top border, changed the wording to Deck the Halls and using the girl mailing a letter as the basis for the carol singer. I felt quite inventive! Thanks to the two designers for the inspiration.

I then framed it in a find from my local TK MAXX (only AUD$10) - a bargain.

Best of luck with all of your Christmas stitching this year.

hugs, 




4 comments:

butterfly said...

Wow love the Christmas stitching .
I have just fell in love with those last two charts .
Have fun hugs June .

Suzanne H said...

Congratulations! What a fabulous month of stitching. You are so clever to combine the two charts and make up your own little caroler. Fabulous work!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on all four! I really like the Lola’s Studio piece and the clever way you’ve combined two designs and adapted them to make your own special piece.

Khristine Doiron said...

Oh my goodness! They are all beautiful! Your finishing is lovely! and the beaded garland on the lamppost is perfect! Well done :)