Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 10 November 2019

Suzanne's November Ornaments

Hello Everyone! I'm continuing with the Just Cross Stitch Magazine Theme and this month was 2004. Both my ornaments are from the Christmas Ornament issue. I've stitched Lizzie*Kate's Rejoice. In the magazine it was finished as a mitten but I used an oval finish. He's stitched on red 14 count aida with DMC threads. I'll have to admit, at first, I thought he was holding martini glasses and that's why he was rejoicing! He got a little dented in my storage box, hopefully he'll bounce back.

My second ornament is Snow by Nancy Boyarsky of Glory Bee. Stitched on 14 count light blue aida with DMC threads simply finished in a flat ornament style. I must love the pom-pom trim this year because quite a few are finished this way.

Thanks so much for taking a look and I can't wait to see everyone's finishes this month.


4 comments:

Honeybee said...

I love that pom-pom trim, too. It's so perfect for Christmas ornaments and yours look adorable!

Donna Ellis said...

Suzanne, your cross stitch work skills are beautiful! So delicate and beautiful. Such treasures will be enjoyed for many MANY decades to come! Delightful! thanks for the sweet comment on our new blog at Jan's Digi Stamps. We would love for you to upload your ornaments and play in the challenge, if you like. We are a true "anything goes" and that means anything! hugs, de

Khristine Doiron said...

They are both so sweet!! I too thought they were martini glasses. I looked for a long time before I saw they were actually birds :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely finishesm but I agree - martini glasses!