Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Tuesday 8 October 2019

Themes for 2020....

Hello lovely Christmas Elves, 

Well, here I am - alive and well after a hiatus from blogging of several months.  Not sure what happened, life just got too busy, I suppose and something had to give and whilst it was not going to be my stitching or reading or cooking or spending time with family (or travelling for work), it ended up being my blogging!

But, today, I woke up and felt the need to visit all of my bloggy friends again, so here I am!

I thought that as I had neglected this blog for so long, I had better get my act into gear and get some suggestions for Themes for 2020!

These are our current themes:




Some ideas for next year are:

  1. Keep Themes 1, 2 and 3 much as they are (with Themes 2 and 3 being tweaked with carol names and randomising the years, respectively).
  2. Keep Themes 1 and 2 and change Theme 3 to JCS Christmas Ornies 2011 - 2019 (as suggested by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching)
  3. Ditch all three themes and start again with new ideas (does anyone have any?  I have run out of ideas - lol!).
Let me know what you think, please, by commenting on this post.


hugs, 



5 comments:

Honeybee said...

I vote for #2. I have really enjoyed stitching theme #3 this year. I've had an extremely busy year, but this SAL has been a great way to keep myself on track with my ornament stitching. Thanks for organizing it!

(I may get brave and try 2 themes next year!)

Suzanne H said...

I also enjoyed stitching Theme 3 this year. There are so many beautiful ornaments in these magazines. I don't have all the JCS magazines from 2011 - 2019, but I can figure something out I'm sure. I like Theme 1 and 2 since I'm new to the SAL and didn't stitch from these themes this past year. I agree with Honeybee as it really kept me on track to not rush at the end of the year. Great motivation!

Mary's Thread said...

I vote for 2. I like the motivation to stitch from the magazines! I just never seem to "get around to it" otherwise!

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Kaye!
My blogging this year has been terrible.... and my ornament stitching has been the same! I started off the year with great plans and intentions and I don't know what happened... but maybe I can hit the reset button and try again for 2020!
I like the idea of option 2 - I don't have all of the JCS ornie issues from 2011 to 2019 but hopefully I will have enough to be able to contribute something throughout the year (I can only do better than I have done this year!!)
Looking forward to re-connecting with my blogging roots!
Hugs x

Mia said...

Hi Kaye,
I visit Kitten Stitching but you have not posted since January 2019.
I also sent you messages via email but you did not reply.
I am glad to find you here, my friend. I was worrying for you.
Hugs from Greece,
Mia