Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Monday 30 September 2019

Mary's September Ornament

Well, I'm sneaking in under the wire with my September ornament from JCS 2010! There are so many great ornaments in that issue it was hard to decide! I picked Brooke's Books' Madonna and Child. I do enjoy stitching on perforated paper.



I substituted threads I could get easily or had on hand for the many Kreiniks she calls for, using some of the new DMC Etoile for the blues, DMC Light Effects for the purples, and Petite Treasure Braid for the golds. I used white perforated paper because I didn't have blue. I decided not to do the leaf border because I found this darling pie tin ornament at Hobby Lobby which was a perfect fit! It has a metal hook on the top for a ribbon. I just need to dig out some gold ribbon now!

6 comments:

Meg said...

How beautiful! Check out The Copper Fox blog. She did the same ornament this week with an entirely different color scheme.

Suzanne H said...

This is so pretty. I love the pie tin finish as well. I stitched this last year for a friend because it's such a lovely design.

DJ said...

What a lovely finish for this very pretty design. I've looked at that pattern, I'll have to put it on my list for next year!

Honeybee said...

This is just beautiful--I love this ornament! And what an adorable finish in the little tin.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fantastic finishing idea!

Khristine Doiron said...

It's beautiful!! I love the pie tin, it gives it such a nice border :)