Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Saturday 15 September 2018

Hello Hello! Themes for 2019....

Yes, I am still around - I haven't dropped off the planet - just been super busy with our house building (See this post on Kitten Stitching for the latest update) and stitching-wise I have been indulging in stitching on some of my large UFOs rather than Smalls - so no activity from me on this blog, I am sad and ashamed to say!

However, I have been seeing some of the gorgeous work that you all have been doing - well done, all of you!  Keeping the Christmas tinsel glittering!

Anyway, I thought that maybe it was time to think about themes for next year - 2019!

I am proposing three themes for next year - so that there are lots of chances for people to dip in and out and be as flexible as possible.

My three themes are:

Theme One: The Twelve Days of Christmas (this has been such a big hit the last few years that I am loath to let it go.

Theme Two: Christmas Carols again - although I am looking for lots of suggestions for which ones to include this year, please.

... and a new theme, based on the fact that I have just found this whilst cleaning out my Girl's Nest....




Theme Three: Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Magazine 2001 to 2010.

What I am proposing is that if you want to stitch Theme Three, you stitch an ornament from each Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Magazine from 2001 to 2010, with two free choice months (in June and December) when you stitch a design from any other JCS Christmas Ornament magazine that you like.  

I will generate a random order of years for the other ten months.

(Of course, if you don't have any of these mags - which for some of you I would find hard to believe, lol! - you can just choose either Theme 1 or 2 - easy peasy).
I hope that you like the three themes but do please let me know by the end of September if there is a Christmas Carol you would like included for 2019.

HO! HO! HO!


hugs, Kaye


13 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Great ideas for 2019 Kaye! I think I have a couple of the mags from the years 2001 to 2010 so fingers crossed I will be able to do a combo of all three themes just year!
This year I have been very lax in posting on any blogs... but I have been stitching!!
Will put my thinking cap on for some suggestions for the Carols :o)

Suzanne H said...

I have this cd as well. It would be a great idea to stitch something from it. I'm sure there are some beautiful things in there. I'm in for Theme 3!

Kaisievic said...

Thanks, Noni, don't worry, I have been very slack, too - blogging seems to becoming a bit of a dying art.

Kaisievic said...

Great, Suzanne, that is at least three of us - So, "Thunderbirds are go!" for Theme Three.

Mary's Thread said...

I will participate in theme 3-what a great idea! I've been collecting the magazines but haven't done them justice! And you know, there may be overlap between themes 2 and 3 because sometimes they organize the ornaments by theme. So to throw out some Christmas Carols: BLUE Christmas, HOLLY JOLLY Christmas, Merry LITTLE Christmas, Angels we have Heard on High, I'll be HOME for Christmas/ There's no place like HOME for the Holidays, The First NOEL, O Holy Night, Mary's Boy Child, JOY to the World, Jingle Bells, Deck the Halls, Santa Claus is Coming to Town... I LOVE CHRISTMAS CAROLS! :) Thanks so much for this blog, I really enjoy participating!

Kaisievic said...

Hi Mary, that is wonderful that you like Theme 3, too. Thank for the ideas for Carols, too. Ideally, I would like a whole new set for 2019.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great idea for theme 3 and Mary is so right, there will be overlap.
Great minds do think alike because I was planning my 2019 Christmas stitching to be an Ornie a month from JCS but the 2011-18 specials as I have the hard copies! Looks like I will be revisiting that idea and choosing from 2001-2010.
Can we do 2011-2019 in 2020 please?

Tamra said...

I love this idea. Count me in!

Khristine Doiron said...

Great idea Kaye!! This year is slipping away on me and I am still stitching my ornament for March I think. Anywhoo I am having fun with it so... it is what it is :) I am really looking forward to seeing all the different ornaments that are stitched from the magazines!

Tamra said...

A suggestion for the Christmas carols is I Saw Three Ships. Personal favourite :)

Faith... said...

Sorry, I am late to the party again! Not sure what Christmas stitching I plan on doing in 2019 but I am pretty sure it will be another series type thingy. I have soooo many charts in my stash to stitch and I really need to start whittling away at them.

Suzanne H said...

I have been looking at my CD with fresh eyes and am so happy to be finding my patterns for next year's stitching. I'm so glad you prompted me to look at it again and use it this time!

Kaisievic said...

Suzanne, so glad - there are some really lovely designs when you look back at them.