Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Monday 27 July 2015

I have picked my Santa...but not the colour!

Hi Xmas Ornie SALers!

A few weeks ago I bought a back issue of Cross Stitch Collection magazine. It was a Xmas issue (234) and it had these rather wonderful Christmas designs...


...by The Prairie Schooler. I have never stitched any of their designs before, and before I started reading other cross stitch blogs I had never heard of them either. It is not a well-known name in Sweden.
However, I LOVED these Christmas designs in all their traditional red and white and green colours, and when I joined this SAL and saw the theme of August, it was pretty clear to me that I would stitch the Santa ornament!

I have ordered the few additional threads I need, but I am going to use some of the aida I have in my stash. The only problem is that I don't have the fabric colour they have used, but instead I have to choose between light green, dark blue, light blue or grey.

So, what do you think???
Which colour should I choose???

Xmas Hugs,

Annie

14 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Hi Anna, gorgeous Santas - love them. So sad that Prairie Schooler is going to be closed down because the ladies are retiring. I would choose light green, I think.

Melanie said...

I love Prarie Schooler designs. I've stitched quite a few and no doubt I'll stitch quite a few more. I think light green too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie I think any of those suggested colours would look good xx

AnaCristina said...

I love light blue!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I've stitched a few Christmas designs on Twilight Blue, it's a sort of blue tending to grey.
These are lovely designs and will look great all stitched up.

Jo said...

It hey are so cute. What size do they finish up at

Bea said...

Those are really cute designs. If you're unsure, do a floss toss and see which fabric colour looks best with the threads. I would probably choose a blue, but that's my favourite colour!

Kate said...

Adorable designs :-) I love Prairie Schooler. I think a light blue would be nice.

Annie said...

On 16-count aida they will be 8,5x6 cm, but I'm going to stitch them on 14-count so that will make them a bit bigger:)

Annie said...

That's such a great idea - that I should have thought of myself...ha ha!

Annie said...

That sounds like a lovely colour; my light blue aida is more like a sunny sky-blue colour.

Marcy said...

Great choice for Santa. I like the floss toss idea but my first inclination was the light green.

Stitching Noni said...

Great choice! I always find it a challenge to choose a fabric colour.... but I think I would look at the light green or grey depending on how light they are. A floss toss is probably the best way to see what they will look like.
Can't wait to see the end result :o)
Hugs xx

Justine said...

I stitched all of these last year on a sort of dark taupe colour - will be interested to see which one you choose to stitch and also the fabric!