Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 10 February 2022

Suzanne's February Stitching

Hello everyone! I was late commenting on all your beautiful stitching last month. But I've caught up. I am working on the Nutcracker theme and my first finish isn't Nutcracker, eek! It's Country Cottage Needleworks "Visions of Sugar Plums" from the JCS 2009 Christmas Ornament issue. It reminded me of the Sugar Plum Fairy, so I hope you'll excuse the stretch to fit the theme.

I stitched this on 18 count oatmeal Aida and finished as a flat ornament. I switched out the called for DMC threads for the boy's blanket and the border to blue and pink. 

I'm still working on Nutcracker Round Sampler I found on Etsy. Tashas Patterns

I'm hoping this is the Sugar Plum Fairy. I'm stitching this on 18 count white Aida with the called for DMC threads.

I'm looking forward to seeing your February progress. Take care!

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Love your fun stitching .

DJ said...

Sugar Plums are adorable! Love your finishing!! I like how you are adding all the nutcracker characters on one piece of fabric, so cute! Your stitching is lovely too!

Kaisievic said...

Two great choices, Suzanne, I have stitched Sugar Plums, a year or so ago - it is such a sweet design. Thanks for taking part in the Christmas Ornie SAL this month.

Khristine Doiron said...

They both look great! I especially love the pompom trim on your ornament, looks like little sugar plums :)

Mary's Thread said...

I love your stitches this month! They are very sweet!