Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Saturday 5 February 2022

Mary's January Ornament

 
 
It has been a couple years since I've participated in the Ornies blog but I decided I want to get back to it this year! Here is my offering for January, Christmas Cactus from the 2014 Just Cross Stitch Ornaments issue. The designer is Tricia Nguyen. 
 

 The ornament was to be stitched on a Tokens and Trifles stitching card. Boy I wish I could find some of those cards! I do like stitching on perforated paper! But not having one, I used even weave with Au Ver a Soie silks. I made it into a pinball, but so it wouldn't be too heavy, I cut a foam ball in half, and put the stitching on one side and some nice red velvet on the other. I used the same velvet to make a trim and then looked up "loopy bow tutorials" to figure out how to make the ribbon topper/hanger. It is mostly how I envisioned it so I'm happy.


5 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Mary, welcome back. Thank you so much for taking part in the Christmas Ornie SAL this month. I love how you have stitched this design - it such a unique pic - Christmas cactus - who would have thunk it!

DJ said...

Lovely ornament, and your finishing is fabulous! Thanks for sharing how you did that. I wish I could find some of those tokens and trifles perforated paper things too! They were wonderful!

Mary said...

Beautiful ornament Mary. I love the specialty stitches and your finish is wonderful.

Suzanne H said...

This is beautiful. I love how you've finished it. Velvet is always so pretty at Christmas. The loopy bow is a perfect topper for it.

Khristine Doiron said...

Wow that sure is pretty! Love the way you finished it :)