Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Saturday 5 February 2022

Kaye: January 2022 update: Not quite there yet.

 Hello my lovely Elves, 

I know as the host the past few years, I have been quite an absent one but this year, I am hoping to be around far more often!  🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞It is so lovely to see what people have been stitching so far this year (please do check out the other posts for this month - all fabulous stitching. 

Unfortunately, for me, despite stitching like mad all month I didn't quite finish my choices for two of the themes: One (12 Days) and Four (Nutcracker) although I have made a lot of progress on my Nutcracker Village for Theme Four.  

But firstly, here is my 12 Days design - by Jim Shore - this is a picture of what it will look like when finished....

.... and here is my rather pathetic progress on it!


But I am pleased to say that my first section of Nutcracker Village by Country Cottage Needlework is coming along very well (although not finished).  It is stitched on the called for sparkly fabric but I couldn't seem to get the sparkles to show up but I must say I think it is one of the prettiest Christmas designs I have ever stitched and I am sorry to say that the photos do not really do it justice.





... and for those who are still looking for ideas for the Nutcracker Theme, you might like to check out this design on Etsy (click on the pic to go to the page).



Well, that is all for me for my January report - I hope to have lots more progress next month.

hugs, 

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Great stitching , enjoy your Sunday.

DJ said...

Oh my goodness, I love the Jim Shore pattern you chose! I found the Jim Shore 12 Days individual ones in my stash after I started the one I'm working on...haha...but I love this one so much better! I will be waiting to see your progress...I know the finished stitching always look so much better than the pattern!! Great ideas for the Nutcracker ornaments too...I'm desperately trying to stitch from stash this year, so I'll just have to be creative. It's a challenge but I'm having fun with it. Thanks for hosting!!

Mary said...

Very lovely starts. The Jim Shore piece is gorgeous.

Mayte said...

Cuando lo acabes va a quedar espectacular

Suzanne H said...

Some progress is better than no progress. Right? Love your stitching and can't wait to see the progress on Jim Shore as well as the Nutcracker Village.

Kaisievic said...

You are so right, Suzanne. 😊

Khristine Doiron said...

Your 12 days is going to be lovely! And a little start it better than no start :) Your nutcracker project is beautiful too

Mary's Thread said...

That Nutcracker piece is charming. It's coming along nicely! The Jim Shore Santa is a real stunner with all the detail!