Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Friday 11 February 2022

DJ's February stitching...

I really should be fully finishing my stitching...I need a swift kick to get jump started in finishing.  Well I did finish earlier this month than last month so maybe the mood will strike soon.  Anyway...I was able to finish all 4 themes again this month...even though I REALLY struggled with Die Hard...haha.  So...here we gooooo.....

Theme one - The Twelve Days of Christmas...  I can't seem to get a good picture of these, probably because I finish them up later at night and the lighting isn't so good.  Here is Two Turtle Doves.  There are from a BG&H book called 2001 Cross Stitch Designs.  Stitched on 32 count ice blue over two.  



Theme Two - Christmas Movies.  This month was Die Hard.  I racked my brain over this one, and finally decided to stitch the I from a Christmas SAL by TT Designs.  Each letter was a different Christmas Movie and thank heavens one of them was Die Hard.  I left off some of the words (I just couldn't bring myself to stitch them) so I guess you'll just have to imagine they are there...haha.  Stitched on 28 count white over two.  Whew...glad that's done!  I'll finish it off and give it to someone who thinks that is a Christmas movie...LOL!!!  



Theme Three - JCS Ornament Issue 2013.  I chose Christmas Tree by Prairie Schooler.  Fingers crossed I hope to finish it as a Christmas tree with a stick trunk and hopefully find a cute little pot to plant it in as a Christmas ornament for someone.  Stitched on 32 count natural over two.  



Theme Four - Sugar Plum Fairy.  I know this is a bit of a stretch, but I thought this pattern, The Nutcracker Dancers by Naomi Kudo from the 2021 JCS Ornament Issue kind of fit the bill.  This was stitched on 32 count Blue Spruce over two.  Don't look too close, there's a little bit of personalization (ok, let's call it what it is...a mistake LOL) but I'm going with it because I would have had to frog a LOT...and I think it looks ok as is.   



And that is all that's fit to print.  I enjoy seeing what you guys are stitching!  Till next time....Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Love the Sugar Plum Fairy and all your Christmas smalls .
Have a fun week .

Mary said...

Very pretty finishes. Great job on coming up with something for Die Hard.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! D.J., your needles are flying - love all your choices for this month but the Sugar Plum fairy is delightful. Clever girl to find such a perfect match for Die Hard. Thank you so much for taking part in the Christmas Ornie SAL this month.

Khristine Doiron said...

Well done getting all the themes covered! Love the Die Hard ornament! And your nutcracker dancers look perfect to me :) Also if you think of it share a picture of your Prairie Schooler when you have it made into an ornament. I am really intrigued by your idea for finishing it.

Mary's Thread said...

What lovely little stitches! I LOVE the ballet dancers one. It is perfect.