Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 13 February 2022

Serendipitous Jo's January and February Ornaments

Once again I am following the 12 Days of Christmas theme.  This year I am stitching the Jardin Prive 12 Days as my monthly project.  I am also continuing with the large Bothy Threads' design but won't be completing one block of those per month!


As per previous years, I started the 12 Days on Boxing Day and stitched one day for the next 12 days.  Then I returned to Day 1 and finished it.

Here are the 12 starts:


This is Day 1, completed 6th January, 2022:


And this is Day 2, completed 6th February, 2022:


I'm using a gorgeous 32 count linen called Millenium Blue and Anchor threads.  I have quite a few Anchor threads I inherited from a friend who gave up cross stitch when she became a professional crochet designer.  They are ideal for projects like this.

The fabric is lovely but it can be difficult to choose the right shade of green.  I tried two different greens and the brighter, lighter one in Day 2 looks much better.  So Day 1 will be frogged and restitched.

I'm planning to finish these as individual ornaments.








5 comments:

butterfly said...

Love the colors , this is going to be wonderful .
Have a great Sunday.

DJ said...

Love these! It's amazing how different these look on different fabrics, I just love your choices!

Kaisievic said...

Love the blue fabric, Jo, both Day 1 and 2 look fabulous. Thank you for taking part in the Christmas Ornie SAL this month.

Mary said...

Very pretty Jo.

Khristine Doiron said...

That fabric is so pretty! And I agree with which green you are choosing. They are beautiful ornaments :)