Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 16 August 2015

Mr and Mrs Santa...

Well, I thought that as I had picked both Mr and/or Mrs Santa as August's theme, that I had better make sure that I stitched them both.  So without further ado, here is the Happy Christmas couple:





It is quite a large ornie, almost as big as my kindle! lol!



The design is part of a larger Christmas design called "Encore une et J'arrete!" (Once I stopped Update:  As pointed out by the wonderful Jo and her GCSE French - and later verified by one of my French colleagues - the title translates as "One more and I'll stop") by La Sylphide Toquee (part of the stash I bought cheap from The ThreadBasket before Valerie closed her online shop down).

This pattern is what I am offering as a prize for August. After August 31, I will randomly choose a winner from all of the finished ornies that are posted this month (excluding my own, of course) to win this very cute design.

I must admit that I am so thrilled that everyone seems to be having so much fun with this SAL.  Thank you to all of the enthusiastic stitchers and bloggers.

hugs, 




11 comments:

AnaCristina said...

so cute!

Kaisievic said...

Thanks, AnaCristina.

Amy at love made my home said...

What a cute ornament! xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So cute! Now correct me if I'm wrong but my schoolgirl grade B at O level translated that title to "One more and I'll stop" meaning one more row of knitting? Just one more is what we all say which turns into ten more!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

This is a beautiful pair!

Annie said...

This ornament really made me smile:))) How cute they are:))) And I love that chart - how I hope for some good luck in that draw! Just have to finish my ornament first...update coming soon!

Cathy said...

Lovely choice for August's ornament. I really like the prize chart as well.

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely couple - and already finished, wow. You were busy ...

Bea said...

A lovely couple and a great finish.

Stitching Noni said...

Great finish!
What a lovely chart - I am nearly finished my Santa so I had better make sure I get him done and posted before the end of the month :o)
Hugs xx

Justine said...

What a gorgeous ornament - funnily enough mine also has both Mr and Mrs Santa on it. I love how you finished it off.