I finished the stitching part of my Christmas ornament for August a few days ago. The chart I used was The night before Christmas by The Prairie Schooler. I enjoyed stitching it immensely:) The original chart had 'Merry Christmas' stitched at the top, but since I am Swedish I decided to stitch the Swedish equivalent, GOD JUL:) I also had some decisions to make about the snowflakes in the design. My original plan was to use beads, but I didn't have any matching white ones. Then I tried to use white DMC Pearlescent...
...but I didn't think the snowflakes stood out enough. In the end I chose DMC Satin thread and then it looked like this when I had finished the stitching part of the ornament.
I have had a bit of anxiety about the FINISHING part of the process, but in the end I decided to use my sewing machine and a bit of white lace. This is the end result:
It is not perfect; the lace is stretched a bit too tight in the corners. The back is very boring and not so pretty but here it is...
Still, maybe I'll try to use glue for the finishing details on the next ornament, since I'm not all together happy about the way this ornament turned out.
Speaking of the next ornament, I have not decided what I am going to stitch yet. I guess I'll have to browse through my stash again..:)
Finally, since we all love Christmas here, I'll share this festive photo of two of my furbabies with you! Enjoy!