Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 13 February 2020

Lynne's February Ornament

I'm stitching a 12 Days of Christmas set for this SAL. I've decided not to be loyal to one particular designer - I'll be stitching from different sets, but finishing them all the same way.  Here is my 'Two Turtle Doves'.

 
The designer is Lesley Grant, and I found the chart in the December 1995 issue of the UK Cross Stitcher magazine.  I did make some changes - I omitted the charted dove cote, and stitched a second dove. I also changed the border and added the text.

6 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

It is lovely! I really like the words you added :)

Nikki said...

I love your idea of using different designers for the 12 Days.....and your Turtledoves are lovely.

Nikki

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the idea of using different designers for each day and the changes you made to this one.

Kaisievic said...

Great finish and I love your creative idea of using different designers. Thank you so much for taking part in the Christmas Ornie SAL this month.

Arlene G said...

Thanks so much for dropping by Nanaland this morning and leaving a comment, Mary. I always enjoy meeting new stitchers online!!

Suzanne H said...

I too like the idea of different designers for this theme. I can't wait to see your progress. Lovely stitching!