Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 6 February 2020

January and February's Ornaments

This year I have decided to follow the 12 Days of Christmas theme for the year.  I was gifted the charts designed by JBW for Christmas 2019 and started them on Boxing Day for the 12 Days of Stitchmas SAL.

I stitched one length of thread for the border on each day and one colour on the first day.  Here is where I was by the 12th Day:

stitched 1 over 2 on 40 count white Newcastle linen

I completed the First Day very quickly:


The Second Day was even quicker.  Only one day's stitching despite an attack of the frogs.


There are holly berries in the borders which I am planning to use beads for instead of stitches so I will add them all at the end each trio.




6 comments:

Nikki said...

Those are really cute Jo. I will be doing a 12 days of Christmas theme too; but a different series ( I will post tomorrow) than you. I had looked at these too, and almost went with them. I will be watching your progress.

Nikki

Kaisievic said...

Thanks for taking part in the SAL this month, Jo. This is going to grow so quickly.

Suzanne H said...

I like these very much. I think the beads will be a great addition. Can't wait to see your progress.

Khristine Doiron said...

They are so sweet! I think beads on the border will be perfect!

DJ said...

These are lovely Jo! I'm enjoying watching them grow!! I can't wait to see how you'll finish them!! Beads on the border are going to look so good!

Elfie said...

Lovely! I do like this set.