Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Monday 6 June 2022

DJ's March, April and May post...

Whew...where does the time go?  I have been watching my granddaughter twice (sometimes three) times a week for a few months now and my stitching has fallen waaaay behind schedule.  I've been working hard to catch up...but it's also left little time for posting.  But...here I am to show what I've been doing for March, April and May.  Hopefully I'll be back soon with a June update too!  Fingers crossed!  I was working on all four of the challenges this year, but couldn't find patterns I liked for some of the "Christmas" movie category so I've dropped out of that one this year.  So...here are the other three.  

First off is 12 Days of Christmas.  I have been stitching from the 2001 Cross Stitch book I love this book and use it often!  Here are 3 French Hens  



4 Calling Birds 



and 5 Golden Rings  



Next category is ornaments from the Just Cross Stitch ornament issues for the year selected.  March was 2012 and I chose Peace Pin Button by Jeanette Douglas  



April was a Free Choice so I selected Merry Christmas by Glory Bee from the 2012 issue  



May was 2004 and I chose In A Stable by Shepherd's Bush.  



The last category was The Nutcracker  March was The Mouse King so I chose The Mouse King from The World of Cross Stitching magazine (sorry I don't know the issue)  



April was a Free Choice so I chose the Swan from the same serries in TWOCS. 





May was Christmas Tree/Presents so I chose Perfect Gifts by Full Circle Designs from the 2004 JCS ornament issue.  



Hopefully I'll be back soon with the June stitching.  I already have one done...but I like to group them together.  Happy Stitching everyone!

4 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Time does seem to fly by, great stitching on all your projects

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful ornaments! I adore the Shepherd's Bush one. They might be my favorite :) And I love the bow, ribbon and button embellishments on the one with the presents. You really made a lovely job of all of them!

Suzanne H said...

Wonderful ornament choices! I've only stitched 2 of these so I now have a list to look up to put on next year's list. Beautiful work!

Mary's Thread said...

Simply gorgeous selections! What a lot of fantastic designs!