Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Saturday 15 May 2021

Suzanne's May Ornament

 Hello everyone! I hope everyone is taking care. I've lost a little bit of my desire to finish and stitch so I only have one ornament to share this month. I'm continuing to finish the Pinker n' Punkin Quilting Barnyard Series. This one is called Hanging the Star and fits Theme Four - Christmas Greenery.

I'm stitching this series on 18 count oatmeal Aida with the called for DMC threads. I mixed white and grey for the bottom sheep so he didn't blend in too much with the fabric. I think he looks more "sheep-like" this way too. I'm finishing all of these in the same way, as a flat ornament with jute twine edging and red/white ticking ribbon. 

I'm off to visit last month's posts. Happy Stitching!


3 comments:

butterfly said...

Love you ornament stitch and finish .
Enjoy your Sunday.

Khristine Doiron said...

Ever sweet! I think the blending of thread works really good on the sheep. Great idea!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a cute little design. I use blended threads instead of variegated quite a lot too,