Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Friday 24 January 2020

Kaye's January Ornament

Hello Stitching Elves, 

I am so very happy to present to you my first finish for Theme Three: "Be Joyful" by Tempting Tangles Designs (p.70 of the 2016 JCS Ornie Mag).





I mixed it up a bit from the original (see below) - using an orange fabric instead of yellow and chose my own colours for nearly everything, I think.  I am so happy with how it turned out - I do love the intricacy of Deborah's designs.


I haven't decided how I am going to finish it yet, any suggestions?

Looking forward to seeing more January finishes over the next couple of days, 

hugs, 


7 comments:

Mary's Thread said...

This is REALLY pretty! I like the linen you picked! I'm not too creative with a square-I'd just make a flat ornament our of it! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love your version, the greens are really beautiful. The fabric doesn't say "orange" to me though!

Elfie said...

That is such a pretty design. I like your fabric and floss choices for this design.

Khristine Doiron said...

I'm not sure if I would have ever gave a second glance to the original, the colors just don't do it justice. But yours is stunning! Beautiful stitching :)

Kaisievic said...

Why thank you, Khristine, that is a lovely compliment.

Suzanne H said...

I too love your color choices much better than the original. It makes me want to stitch it too.

Kaisievic said...

Thank you so much, Suzanne.