Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Friday 8 December 2017

The Big Reveal.... Themes for 2018 announced!

Drum roll, please....


The themes for 2018 are:

Back by popular demand......

Theme One:  
THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS.....  

(no great surprise there but scroll down to see the exciting new Theme 2)
On the First day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Partridge in a Pear Tree.

On the Second day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

On the Third day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Three French Hens,
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
Subsequent verses follow the same pattern, each adding one new gift and repeating all the earlier gifts, so that each verse is one line longer than its predecessor:
Calling Birds
Gold Rings
Geese a-Laying
Swans a-Swimming
Maids a-Milking
Ladies Dancing
10 Lords a-Leaping
11 Pipers Piping
12 Drummers Drumming

There are so many different designs out there on this theme - I just did a quick Google search and look at all of these:


You can also check out The Twelve Days of Christmas Stash Enabling page on this blog, if you need more inspiration.

.... and here we go, another "Drum Roll" please....

"The Little Drummer Boy" sung A Capella by Pentatonix (this is beautiful, so please do listen).


Theme Two:  

Christmas Carols 

(as suggested brilliantly, by the lovely Mary H from Mary's Threads.  Thank you so much for the idea, Mary.)

Now, I have canvassed around for a few ideas (Thank you, Stitching Noni and Mary H), added a few of my favourite carols and came up with a list - I hope that you like them.

January - Deck the Halls
February - Rudolph the Red-nosed reindeer
March - We Three Kings 
April - White Christmas
May - Hark the Herald Angels Sing
June - Good King Wenceslas
July - God Rest You Merry Gentleman
August - Away in a Manger
September - The Little Drummer Boy
October - Oh Christmas Tree
November - Jolly Old St Nicholas
December - Frosty the Snowman

(Now, remember, you can shoehorn as much as you like to make a design that you like fit the theme - i.e - just choose a word or two from a carol which fits the design that you would like to stitch.)

Here are a couple of lovely designs to give you inspiration (thanks to dear Stitching Noni)




Christmas Carols by CCN  
(there are quite a few other Christmas carol designs in Nikki's range - worth checking out)

But, of course, most Christmas Ornie designs would fit somewhere in that list, I am sure.


Wishing you all the most blessed of Christmases and a very Happy New Year.
  

We are off on a big five week trip to Europe next Thursday (London to see DD, Christmas with DH's cousins in Sicily, Rome, Southern Spain and Dubai!). So, I am thinking that we are very blessed.

If you want to follow my travels - you will find them at these places:

Blog: http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com
FB: Kaye De Petro
Instagram: Kaisievic

lots of Christmassy hugs, 




8 comments:

AnaCristina said...

Thank you! And enjoy your trip!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great themes, I just love the Carols and Songs, such a clever idea.
Have a wonderful time on your travels.

Faith... said...

Enjoy your holiday and trip!

Stitching Noni said...

Thanks Kaye.. love the themes!!! I am ready to go with my choice for the Christmas Carols version! :)
Have a most wonderful holiday, Christmas and New Year... see you in 2018 :)
Hugs x

Mary said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and holiday season. I look forward in participating in this SAL.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

I wish you beautiful holidays!

Khristine Doiron said...

Happy Holidays to you and yours Kaye! I love the carols theme and might have to have a look at a new project :)

Mary's Thread said...

I feel so honored I could propose the 2nd theme! I hope all who use it will really have fun with it! I can't wait to pick out something for each month! This SAL is the BEST, so motivating for my Christmas stitching! Thank you for running it! I just have loved being a part of such a fun community!