Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 11 August 2022

DJ's August stitching

Hi Everybody!  

I've been madly stitching away and having a very productive month!  We've had some whacky weather that has kept me inside stitching....between the wild thunder storms, and the crazy heat, I barely step foot out my door these days.  Anyway...without further ado...here's what I've been stitching...  First up is the 12 Days of Christmas...and for this month I've stitched 8 Maids a Milking.  These are from the book 2001 Cross Stitch Designs.  I just love these cute little designs!  



Next is the designated year category.  I chose something from the 2011 Ornament issue as this month was a free choice.  This is Peace Ornament by Keepsake Stitches.  It should have been stitched on a medium green fabric, but since I'm trying to stitch from stash this year, I chose this 36 count clay...I'm sure it would have looked better on the green.  



Last is the Nutcracker series.  I'm not sure what I'm doing with this category...haha.  Since it was also a free choice month I chose to do a rocking horse.  This was in the World of Cross Stitch magazine issue number 314 included in a Nutcracker series.  I've decided to give this to my granddaughter's cousin for Christmas.  I think she will like it after it's finished.  



Well I guess that's all that's fit to print.  I want to thank everyone for their kind comments on my posts, they have been so encouraging and I appreciate every one!  I hope everyone is keeping safe and happily stitching!  

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on keeping up with so many of the themes! I love that Rocking Horse and the unconventional colour-scheme.

Suzanne H said...

Each of these is lovely! I think the Peace ornament is lovely on the clay. Beautiful work!

butterfly said...

Lovely ornaments ,your GD will love the pink one.
Have fun.

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful ornaments!

Gwen said...

You’ve stitched 3 lovely ornaments. Way to make staying indoors productive.