Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Friday 24 September 2021

DJ's September post

Hi Everybody!   I'll be honest and say, I'm still trying to play catch up...and so far I've been able to stitch my ornaments in time, just haven't been able to fully finish them.  Fingers crossed, I'll have them finished for the next post.  (But don't hold your breath!  LOL)

I've been working with two themes this year, first was Theme One, the 12 Days of Christmas.  I've been stitching the 12 Dragonlets of 2012 so the September ornie was 9 Dragons Dancing.  Her little tutu makes me laugh...and here she is!



The second was Theme Three and the year chosen was 2016 so for this ornament I chose Snow Day by Squareology.  I have wanted to stitch this for ages, had the fabric for a long while, and finally decided this was the time.  Now I have to decide if I want to finish it as a round ornament as it's pictured, or as a biscornu as I've seen it finished before.  Decisions, decisions...anybody have a preference ?  Maybe I should take a poll? LOL



I don't know if I mentioned it here before, but we have been waiting expectantly for our grandchild to arrive since January (our kids told DH on his birthday)  She arrived a few weeks early two weeks ago.  She is the reason I've been so far behind...LOL!  Now that she has arrived and most of the stitching/crocheting I've been trying to get done is behind me, I will have more time to work on things I have been hoping to stitch...in between Gigi snuggles that is!  LOL  I hope everyone is safe and well.  Until next time...Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

Congrats on your new grandbaby! How exciting! Beautiful ornaments and I love the biscornu idea for snowday!

Suzanne H said...

Congrats on your new granddaughter! I love your Snow Day on the dotted material. It's perfect for it. I can't wait until you finish it. I've never made a biscornu. I'm sure it will be beautiful.