Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Friday 12 March 2021

Suzanne's March Ornaments

 Hello Everyone! 

I hope everyone is healthy and safe a year into this pandemic. It's beginning to feel like Spring here in the North Eastern US. I have the windows open today! This month I was able to work on two themes, the Just Cross Stitch Magazine theme and the Selection of Christmas Ideas theme.

I completed Julia Lucas Designs, Together in Faith from the 2002 JCS Christmas Ornament issue. I stitched this on 18 ct. oatmeal Aida and finished it as a flat ornament similar to the banner style in the magazine. I didn't have all the specialty threads so I made do with DMC and a little bit of Kreinik blending thread. 



My next ornament was a freebie from The Little Stitcher called Christmas Light. I stitched this on 28 ct over 2 with the called for DMC. I left off the words at the bottom of the design. I finished this as a flat ornament too. I bought several rolls of this twine in different colors. I hope it doesn't get too boring when I finish everything with it ;)

I can't wait to see everyone's stitching this month. Take care!




6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Two lovely ornaments, Together in Faith is very effective. Candles are such a significant symbol at any time of year.

butterfly said...

Love the ornaments ,always great to see what others are stitching .

Elfie said...

Both of your ornaments are lovely, and they are beautifully finished.

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful ornaments! I love the twine :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Two great Ornaments this month. I like the candle and have it saved too.
I think using the twine for several finishes is a great way to make them into a "set" while still using different designers or fabrics.

Gwen said...

Your stitching and finishing are lovely. I like the twine finish not boring at all.