Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Saturday 5 September 2020

September Stitching by DJ

Hello Fellow Ornament stitchers!

Well it's been a wild and wacky world I'm living in right now...LOL  My son is trying to get married in the middle of this pandemic...so between trying to shop for wedding showers, buying a dress and getting it altered, and all the trappings that go along with preparing for a wedding (that has been postponed and rescheduled three times now) I've tried to keep up with this challenge.  So far so good!  And hopefully once the wedding is over I'll be back to stitching with a vengeance!

First up is my 12 Days of Christmas entry... These are from the 2019 Stoney Creek magazines and this is 9 Ladies Dancing.  I just love the color of her dress.  She is stitched on 28 count white over two.


Next is the third theme and this month we are to stitch from the 2019 JCS Ornament Issue.  I actually ended up stitching two.  I know...crazy is my middle name.  haha  The first is Elf at Work by La Bottega delle Meraviglie di Anna stitched on 40 count over two Vintage Mocha.



The second is Silvery Lace Snowflake by Works by ABC.  It's stitched on 32 count Navy Belfast Linen over two.  I love how it looks but in all honesty I was glad when I was done stitching it, between the dark fabric and the metallic thread my eyes are rebelling on me!  LOL



And that's all I have for this month!  Stay safe, everyone and Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely ornaments all so different .
Hope the Wedding goes well.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Three very different but equally gorgeous ornaments. I am very tempted by the Works by ABC design.

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous work, DJ, good luck with the wedding!

Khristine Doiron said...

They are beautiful! I'm not sure I can even pick a favorite :)

Suzanne H said...

Congratulations to your son and his bride. I know it must be a crazy time for a wedding. I love the colors for the Ladies Dancing too and the Elf is adorable. You were very brave to stitch on dark fabric with metallic thread - I'm glad you persevered - It's beautiful!!