Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 12 July 2020

Suzanne's July Ornament

Hello Everyone!
This was a hard one for me because I don't have the 2015 Ornament issue and The Bleak Midwinter is not a song I am familiar with. I didn't want to default to the 12 days of Christmas either, so I needed to put my thinking cap on! I printed out the lyrics to the song and decided this ornament from the 2013 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue would fit the Bleak Midwinter theme.
It is O Holy Night designed by Knotted Tree NeedleArt. I thought it captured the manger, the angels, the lamb and the gift of the shepherd's heart found in the lyrics of the song. I stitched this on 18 count oatmeal aida with the DMC conversion. Finished as a flat ornament with jute twine for the hanger. 

I hope everyone is staying well and I can't wait to see your ornaments this month.


2 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

That is a very nice ornament! I love how the jute comes down on each side :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work. You did really well to find such a nice Ornament to for the theme.