Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 9 April 2020

April Antics

Whew!  You would think, since we are all hunkered down, that I would be getting more stitching done even more quickly!  Well, that might be the case, except I'm quarantined with  my dear husband.  While it's nice to spend more time with him, he keeps finding things for me to do!  It's all good though!!

So...I'm only working on 2 of the themes this year.  The first is the 12 Days of Christmas...this month is the 4th day...or 4 Calling Birds.  This particular set is from the Stoney Creek Magazine which offered the 12 days in 4 separate publications.  This one came from the Spring 2019 (I think).  I love this particular set, so colorful.  The only change I made is the bell charm.  I didn't have the Mill Hill embellishment they suggested, so I dug around in my charm box and found this...and in all honesty, I think I like it much better.  It's stitched on 28 count white evenweave over two. 



The other theme is theme three and this month is from the 2018 JCS Ornament issue.  I chose Dashing Through the Snow by Lucie Keaton.  I stitched this on 28 count Pearl Grey linen over two.  I changed the floss a wee bit, using the cotton DMC 321, DMC B5200 and a red Petite Treasure Braid by Rainbow Gallery.  Since the quarantine stared here in Maryland, I've been working hard to use things from my stash.  It's kind of fun working around things and getting creative.  So far so good!!



And that's all the news that's fit to print.  I hope you are well, keeping safe, and finding ways to see joy in the journey!  Happy Stitching!!

5 comments:

Suzanne H said...

These are both so pretty. I love them both and the deer just pops off your fabric color! It is fun to work with what we have on hand. It keeps the creative juices flowing. Take care and can't wait to see next month's stitching.

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful ornaments! And while I don't know what the original charm looked like, I really like the bells you chose.

Elfie said...

Two charming ornaments - the bird is beautifully colourful, and the reindeer is very elegant. They'll look lovely on your tree this year.

Elfie said...

https://youtu.be/S0ZbykXlg6Q

I found this clip of a kookaburra 'laughing'.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Two great Ornaments. I like the 12Days series and your little charm is lovely.
The Lucie Heaton was one of my favourites from that issue too.