Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Sunday 4 August 2019

Suzanne's August Ornaments

Hello Everyone! I hope everyone is well and having lots of time to stitch. I'm continuing with the Just Cross Stitch Magazine theme. This month was 2005 and both of my ornaments were from the Christmas Ornament issue. First is Glory Bee's Seasons Greetings stitched on 14 count using DMC alternatives. I used a pom-pom edging and stiffened felt for the backing.


My next ornament is Lizzie*Kate's Sweet Christmas stitched on 18 count using DMC threads. I didn't have the JBS buttons so I found sweet Sock Monkey buttons and used a red button from my stash to finish it. I also added a little back stitching on the candy because it wasn't showing up too well on the fabric. I finished this ornament the same way as the first.


I can't wait to see everyone's stitching this month!

4 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

They both look great!! Beautiful stitching and finishing!

Honeybee said...

Cute little pair of ornaments! As always, your finishing looks great--I wish I was getting my finishing done each month! :O)

DJ said...

What a lovely pair of ornaments. That Sock Monkey is adorable!! I love how you finished them too!

Stephanie said...

They are perfect!