Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Mary's December and January Ornaments

Well, I got busy in December and never finished my "Frosty the Snowman" but here it is for January, stitched on blue linen so meeting the January 2019 "Blue Christmas" theme as well! Here is JBW's A Very Merry Winter:


This picture is very VERY blue, and I'm not sure I like the buttons. I may change it...

And here is my submission for January, from JCS 2009, La D Da's Merry Christmas:



I really enjoyed stitching this! Especially the berries! I used the recommended silks (the berries are Gloriana Red Clay which is the most beautiful color!) on 40 ct Vintage Examplar. Now to choose something for February!

8 comments:

Honeybee said...

Your snowman is adorable, and I like the buttons! The colors on your Merry Christmas ornament are so lovely. Those berries are scrumptious!

Khristine Doiron said...

2 beautiful ornament!! I kinda like the buttons :) And those threads in Merry Christmas are gorgeous!

Mary said...

Wow! That are both so beautiful. I think the added buttons are cute.

Lili said...

Both very pretty, Mary! I do love the buttons!

Faith... said...

Great stitching both Mary!

The Snowman looks so cute and Merry Christmas is gorgeous!

Sue said...

The snowman is a cutie and love the La-D-Da design.

Kaisievic said...

Thanks for taking part this month, Mary. Two really pretty finishes.

Suzanne H said...

I'm so glad that others are using the JCS theme. I really love this and might add this to my list too. Oh boy is my stitching list getting long!