Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Saturday 13 January 2018

Deck the Halls with...Boughs of Holly!

Thanks to the very excellent post earlier this month giving us inspiration and ideas and even the history of "Deck the Halls," I remembered I had "Boughs of Holly" from Victoria Sampler's Learning Collection in my stash! I got it right out and really enjoyed this quick stitch! I have no idea how to finish it because I have MANY of this series and I'd like to do them all the same way. I will have to make some more before I decide what I want to do with them. I always had envisioned some kind of quilt wall hanging but that will be many years down the road, especially since I'd have to stitch up all the kits, and then learn how to quilt, which I have never done before!

The point of the Learning Collection is to get comfortable with the specialty stitches Victoria Sampler uses in their larger charts. It's a neat idea! This kit was to teach French Knots. Not all of mine are perfect here but I actually think sometimes that is part of the charm. :)

Happy New Year, Everyone!

10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is such a beautiful little design. I am so pleased I inspired you to stitch this one. And maybe some more of the series?

Mary said...

Very pretty finish. Congrats.

Lili said...

Lovely piece!!

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful! Our first finish for the year!

Khristine Doiron said...

Very nice! I love The Victoria Sampler!!

cheryl said...

Just lovely.

Rita said...

Beautiful! It fits perfectly for the theme.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Very nice!

Faith... said...

Oh I like this one! Great stitching Mary!

Stitching Noni said...

Beautiful finish :)
Hugs x