Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Monday, 27 July 2015

I have picked my Santa...but not the colour!

Hi Xmas Ornie SALers!

A few weeks ago I bought a back issue of Cross Stitch Collection magazine. It was a Xmas issue (234) and it had these rather wonderful Christmas designs...


...by The Prairie Schooler. I have never stitched any of their designs before, and before I started reading other cross stitch blogs I had never heard of them either. It is not a well-known name in Sweden.
However, I LOVED these Christmas designs in all their traditional red and white and green colours, and when I joined this SAL and saw the theme of August, it was pretty clear to me that I would stitch the Santa ornament!

I have ordered the few additional threads I need, but I am going to use some of the aida I have in my stash. The only problem is that I don't have the fabric colour they have used, but instead I have to choose between light green, dark blue, light blue or grey.

So, what do you think???
Which colour should I choose???

Xmas Hugs,

Annie

14 comments:

  1. Hi Anna, gorgeous Santas - love them. So sad that Prairie Schooler is going to be closed down because the ladies are retiring. I would choose light green, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Prarie Schooler designs. I've stitched quite a few and no doubt I'll stitch quite a few more. I think light green too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie I think any of those suggested colours would look good xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've stitched a few Christmas designs on Twilight Blue, it's a sort of blue tending to grey.
    These are lovely designs and will look great all stitched up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lovely colour; my light blue aida is more like a sunny sky-blue colour.

      Delete
  5. It hey are so cute. What size do they finish up at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On 16-count aida they will be 8,5x6 cm, but I'm going to stitch them on 14-count so that will make them a bit bigger:)

      Delete
  6. Those are really cute designs. If you're unsure, do a floss toss and see which fabric colour looks best with the threads. I would probably choose a blue, but that's my favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great idea - that I should have thought of myself...ha ha!

      Delete
  7. Adorable designs :-) I love Prairie Schooler. I think a light blue would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice for Santa. I like the floss toss idea but my first inclination was the light green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice! I always find it a challenge to choose a fabric colour.... but I think I would look at the light green or grey depending on how light they are. A floss toss is probably the best way to see what they will look like.
    Can't wait to see the end result :o)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stitched all of these last year on a sort of dark taupe colour - will be interested to see which one you choose to stitch and also the fabric!

    ReplyDelete